Tuesday, March 20, 2007

....thank godness the weather has let up. Got some work last night. Finally shared this link with "...me brother from a different mother, down under". Hairmick is an awesome craftsman. Hopefully, someday I can meet up with him over a beer or a tea. Well to give you some perspective to the detail on the "pyrography", here's an example
I had last night to correct some breakage. I was also going to glass my cockpit, but the time involved problem solving the breakage stopped that. I think everything is under control. I'll be doing some more work tonight. Hopefully panels start going together, and all these piles of wood start looking like a boat. ...got some work done. Everything is fitting great. I love days like this I got the first 02 panels stitched together. They fit like a glove. Here's a pic of the cockpit, prior to starting the stitching process. ...and a pic of the backrest. I recessed the upright support channels through the cockpit.The channels form two ribs on the back of the cockpitwall. These ribs will secure the waterproof pelican battery box. My theory with recessing the uprights, was to distribute the forces on the backrest across the whole area of the back wall, while not taking away any cockpit space. The backrest also folds down and sits on the seat to ease transport.

No comments: