Friday, February 16, 2007


...planning on hittin' the yak hard over the weekend. I have most of everything laid out, just waiting on a break in the weather. I have decided on a 4" quarter turn inspection hatch to access the Fighting chair gimble. I'm planning on using the new foam seat from Black Dog Kayaks, instead of the traditional SOT kayak seat arrangement. The seat is a minicell foam seat with hip and thigh pads. I have pretty much convinced myself to finish the kayak in a "Jack Daniels" Whiskey Barrel theme. Planning on wood burning the design on the deck. The "Old No 7 Brand" will be on the bucket recess cover on the rear deck. The bottom of the hull will be Black,(epoxy & wood stain); Carbon epoxy for the lower half. This should help protect the hull from scratches. The cockpit, is going to be Black Epoxy & black wood stain. Should make it look like the charcoal inside of a whiskey barrel. I'm probably going to regret that. I'm sure it's going to get hot. For the rod holders, I have steered away from the original Pursuit, adjustable trax rod holders. I think I'm just going to recess two angled rod holders in the forward deck. Then 3-4 in the converted "Mid deck" area behind the seat. The center one to be home to the RiverRock lantern. Well wish me luck, either the weather warms up, or I'm starting the yak in the house.

No comments: