Thursday, February 15, 2007

...rough week. I worked on the Cockpit support system. I planned the 3 gal. Bucket recess and cover. I almost completed the wood rudder system. Although I'm not totally pleased with it, I think I'll march on and see how it works before I make a new one. With the cockpit supports cut out, I've been measuring and planning where everything needs to go. It isn't going to work like I wanted it to. The new Wadefish design has dramatically reduced the cockpit size. I have the original Wadefish design, but was offered the Wadefish 2 design. The changes incorporated in the Wadefish 2 were suggested by "HairyMick". The original Wadefish was design for him. He was looking for a fast SOT fishing Kayak, capable of taking rough Australian waters. I could revert back to the original Wadefish, but for now I'll march on. As for the deck, the weight of the strips is increasing the weight too much. Opting to keep it more simple, it is suppose to be a fishin' yak. Luckily (...or unluckily) the plans are in my head. Oh, and just because I'm trying to keep the hull weight down, doesn't mean the yak has to be plain or ordinary. Just stand by. If these guys on TV can make a "Theme" Chopper ..... Why not a "Theme" Kayak. After owning a Lounge for six yrs., being the #1 seller of a certain make, in the entire state of SC (...I even have an autographed 1/2 Gal. bottle Signed by the Master Distiller himself, "Jimmy Bedford" .) and my favorite "Adult Beverage". Well, I still have to force on, I need to be done for Mother's Day (...Cobia Season).

No comments: